- What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are very thin shells, typically made of porcelain or resin, that are bonded to the front of your teeth to enhance the beauty of your smile.
Dr. Duncan may recommend dental veneers to correct several types of smile imperfections. Porcelain veneers are an excellent choice for enhancing your smile because the color and translucency of porcelain is a great match for the natural appearance of tooth enamel. Porcelain is stain resistant as well, so your smile will stay bright for years to come. Resin veneers can also be matched to your natural tooth color. With dental veneers, you can achieve a beautiful, natural-looking smile that you will love to show off.
Dental veneers may be helpful you would like to improve the appearance of your smile. Custom-made veneers can be used for just one tooth or for your entire smile. We may suggest veneers to:
- Close large spaces and gaps between teeth
- Whiten teeth that are severely stained or discolored
- Improve the appearance of irregularly shaped teeth
- Correct slightly crooked teeth
- Restore teeth that are broken, chipped, worn or fractured
We invite you to call or visit our office today to learn more about custom dental veneers and how we can enhance your smile. We look forward to hearing from you!
- What is Dental Bonding?Dental bonding is a simple, conservative way to improve the appearance of your smile. During the bonding process, Dr. Duncan and team place a composite resin material directly onto the tooth structure. Because the resin is malleable and putty like when first applied, we can shape and sculpt it to fit your tooth and correct flaws in the tooth’s appearance. The composite resin is then hardened, trimmed and polished to provide a lasting, aesthetic restoration for your smile.Dental bonding typically requires just one visit to our welcoming dental office, and because this treatment usually necessitates little to no tooth preparation, you can rest assured that your visit will be quick and comfortable.
Dr. Duncan may recommend dental bonding in order to close gaps and spaces between teeth, improve misshapen teeth, lighten stained or discolored teeth, or restore chipped or cracked teeth. We will use a shade of composite resin that matches the original color of your teeth for a natural-looking effect. If you would prefer, we can use a slightly lighter shade to whiten the color of your teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dental bonding and how we can help you improve your smile, we welcome you to contact us today.