Composite Dental Fillings
Our office uses fillings colored to match your teeth! As a normal part of dental care for cavities, fillings are traditionally used to fill holes created when a tooth decays. Our composite dental fillings are designed to match your tooth color, insuring a healthier, more natural smile.
In the past, dental fillings have been made of a silver material called amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our dentist and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentist will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
Dental bridges are designed to be long-lasting replacements for missing teeth, restoring the functionality and beauty of your smile.
If you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth in a row, we may recommend a dental bridge to restore your smile. A bridge is a fixed dental restoration, meaning it is non-removable. The dental bridge is anchored in place through the use of two dental crowns, which are custom made to fit your smile and are placed on the teeth or dental implants next to the space left by the missing tooth. These crowns hold the artificial tooth in place to restore your smile, ensuring that your restoration will not easily shift or come loose. It typically requires only two visits to our practice to complete a dental bridge. Dental bridges are designed to last for many years and to restore the function, beauty and health of your smile.
Dr. Duncan may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat and chew normally
- Alleviating excess stress on the bite
- Improving the shape and volume of your face
- Replacing an unwanted removable partial denture
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
Dr. JC Duncan, DDS offers expert denture fitting and replacement.
Dentures are removable oral appliances used to replace multiple missing teeth. If you are missing some or all of your teeth, dentures might be just what you need to restore the function, beauty and health of your smile. There are two kinds of dentures: complete dentures and partial dentures.
- A complete denture is used to replace all of the teeth in a full dental arch. We may suggest a complete denture to replace all of the teeth in one or both arches depending on your individual needs. Our dentist may suggest using a denture adhesive for improved stability.
- A partial denture is used if you are missing multiple teeth but have natural teeth remaining. A partial denture often includes a thin framework or clasps that attach to the natural teeth for a secure fit.
Our dentist may recommend complete or partial dentures to restore your smile if you are missing multiple teeth; dentures can improve your ability to properly speak and eat, restore your natural facial volume, and enhance the overall beauty of your smile. Your dentures will be custom made to fit your smile comfortably, aesthetically and securely. We invite you to call or visit us soon to learn more about how dentures can improve your smile!