Posts for tag: invisalign
Do you want to straighten your smile, but are afraid of wearing metal brackets and wires for years? If so, it’s time to rethink orthodontic treatment. There is a new way to straighten your smile without uncomfortable, unsightly brackets and wires. It’s called Invisalign! Dr. JC Duncan in Huntersville, North Carolina offers state-of-the-art Invisalign treatment to get you smiling again.
Invisalign can fix the same flaws and alignment problems as conventional brackets and wires. It’s the perfect option if you have:
- An underbite or overbite
- A crossbite or open bite
- Rotated, twisted teeth
- Crowded or overlapped teeth
- Poorly-aligned or gapped teeth
So, why should you choose Invisalign instead of conventional orthodontics? Invisalign offers:
- Quick treatment, because Invisalign treatment is completed in an average of 9 to 15 months
- Comfortable treatment, because there are no sharp metal parts to irritate your gums, cheeks, or tongue
- Discreet treatment, because Invisalign appliances are virtually invisible to people around you
- Healthy treatment, because you remove the appliances to brush and floss your teeth easily
- Convenient treatment, because you can remove the appliances to eat and enjoy the foods you love
Your Invisalign treatment begins with your first set of clear, smooth plastic trays called aligners. You wear the first set for 2 weeks, and then progress to your next set of aligners which you wear for another 2 weeks. You move on to another set of aligners every 2 weeks as your teeth gradually and comfortably move into proper position. To read more detailed information about Invisalign, please visit the Invisalign section on Dr. Duncan’s website at http://www.lakenormandental.com/invisalign.html
If you want a straight smile, don’t settle for old-school, uncomfortable metal brackets and wires when you can have the comfort and convenience of Invisalign. Call (704) 948-1300 to speak with Dr. Duncan in Huntersville, North Carolina, and look forward to your straight, beautiful smile with Invisalign!
Have you been considering orthodontic treatment, but just can't get past the idea of wearing metal braces for a few years? The Invisalign system offers a more attractive option. Our Huntersville, NC, dentist, Dr. JC Duncan helps his patients improve their smiles with the discreet orthodontic alternative.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system relies on a system of removable aligner trays that gradually realign teeth. Constructed of clear plastic, the trays are designed to fit your teeth snugly without drawing attention to your orthodontic treatment. Before you receive your aligners, your Huntersville dentist will take digital images, impressions, and X-rays that will be used to prepare a 3D image of your teeth. The 3D image is used to design aligner trays that will improve the appearance and position of your teeth. Each upper and lower tray should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day and replaced with the next set in the series approximately every two weeks.
Who can benefit from Invisalign?
Invisalign may be a good choice for you if:
- You're unhappy with the appearance of your smile. Whether your teeth are crooked, overlap, or protrude, Invisalign can correct your issue and boost your self-esteem.
- You have a bite problem. Invisalign is an excellent choice if you have an underbite, overbite, crossbite, or open bite. In addition to affecting the way your teeth look, bite issues can also make chewing difficult and lead to receding gums, eroded enamel, higher risk of gum disease, headaches, and other problems.
- You don't have a severe orthodontic issue. Invisalign corrects mild-to-moderate issues, which are the most common type of orthodontic problems. If you have a more severe issue, metal braces will probably be the better option.
- Your teeth have shifted with age. It's not unusual for your teeth to change position a little as you grow older. Invisalign can restore your original smile. Many adults will only need to use the aligners for about one year.
- You're looking for an uncomplicated option. There's no need for complicated cleaning procedures or food restrictions with Invisalign. In fact, you'll remove the trays when you eat and brush or floss your teeth.
Would you like to find out if you're the perfect candidate for Invisalign? Call our Huntersville, NC, dentist, Dr. Duncan, at (704) 948-1300 to schedule your appointment.
How Invisalign from your Huntersville dentist can improve your smile
Do you want straight teeth? Are you afraid you will have to wear uncomfortable brackets and wires? Are you worried about how long orthodontic treatment takes? If you answered yes to these questions, it’s time to discover the innovative, state-of-the-art orthodontic treatment known as Invisalign. Dr. JC Duncan in Huntersville, NC wants to introduce you to the magic of Invisalign, the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth discreetly and quickly.
When you choose Invisalign, you are choosing a revolutionary system of clear plastic aligners. You start with the first pair, which you wear for 2 weeks. You move on to the next pair of aligners, which you wear for another 2 weeks. You keep moving to a new pair of aligners every 2 weeks until your treatment is complete.
There are many advantages of Invisalign over conventional brackets and wires. Consider that Invisalign treatment is:
- Quick, because treatment is complete at 9 to 15 months, compared to years with conventional orthodontic treatment
- Discreet, because the clear plastic aligners are virtually invisible to people around you
- Comfortable, because Invisalign aligners are created out of smooth plastic, with no sharp parts to hurt your soft tissue
- Easy to maintain, because you can remove them for cleaning
- Healthy, because you can brush and floss your teeth normally after you remove the aligners
Another major benefit of Invisalign is that you can eat whatever you want because you remove the aligners when you eat. Conventional brackets and wires often catch food, making it difficult for to enjoy the foods you are eating. You can return to eating the foods you love with Invisalign.
Invisalign aligners are beautiful, but they are also strong enough to correct an overbite, underbite, crossbite or open bite. They can also correct overlapped teeth and close gaps between your teeth.
If you are considering orthodontic treatment and you want to straighten your teeth discreetly, you want Invisalign! If you want rapid results with minimum effort, Invisalign is perfect for you. For more information about Invisalign, call Dr. Duncan in Huntersville, NC. You can look forward to a straight smile by calling today!