Have you been considering orthodontic treatment, but just can't get past the idea of wearing metal braces for a few years? The Invisalign system offers a more attractive option. Our Huntersville, NC, dentist, Dr. JC Duncan helps his patients improve their smiles with the discreet orthodontic alternative.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system relies on a system of removable aligner trays that gradually realign teeth. Constructed of clear plastic, the trays are designed to fit your teeth snugly without drawing attention to your orthodontic treatment. Before you receive your aligners, your Huntersville dentist will take digital images, impressions, and X-rays that will be used to prepare a 3D image of your teeth. The 3D image is used to design aligner trays that will improve the appearance and position of your teeth. Each upper and lower tray should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day and replaced with the next set in the series approximately every two weeks.
Who can benefit from Invisalign?
Invisalign may be a good choice for you if:
- You're unhappy with the appearance of your smile. Whether your teeth are crooked, overlap, or protrude, Invisalign can correct your issue and boost your self-esteem.
- You have a bite problem. Invisalign is an excellent choice if you have an underbite, overbite, crossbite, or open bite. In addition to affecting the way your teeth look, bite issues can also make chewing difficult and lead to receding gums, eroded enamel, higher risk of gum disease, headaches, and other problems.
- You don't have a severe orthodontic issue. Invisalign corrects mild-to-moderate issues, which are the most common type of orthodontic problems. If you have a more severe issue, metal braces will probably be the better option.
- Your teeth have shifted with age. It's not unusual for your teeth to change position a little as you grow older. Invisalign can restore your original smile. Many adults will only need to use the aligners for about one year.
- You're looking for an uncomplicated option. There's no need for complicated cleaning procedures or food restrictions with Invisalign. In fact, you'll remove the trays when you eat and brush or floss your teeth.
Would you like to find out if you're the perfect candidate for Invisalign? Call our Huntersville, NC, dentist, Dr. Duncan, at (704) 948-1300 to schedule your appointment.